rashbre central: Thursday Thirteen (V19)

Thursday 20 April 2006

Thursday Thirteen (V19)

Blogger.jpg
1. I thought I'd show a picture of the original blogger machine I used when I started this blog.
2. That was nearly a year ago and in that time I've published around 500 entries.
3. I've had about 5 different 'looks' for the blog.
4. I ran it for the first two months without getting any comments and only about 2-3 readers.
5. I didn't know anything about blog formatting and had to work it out by typing enquiries into google.
6. I've got a couple of other minor blogs I sometimes use to test new ideas and where I needed something in order to get userids, but everything points back to this one.
7. I've probably tried most of the weather pixie, sesame alert level, clocks, pet animal animations, counters, and so forth and have the majority of them retired into an old entry date on the blog, where they live happily on.
8. I keep my photos on flickr and have a separate domain where I park special files and little snippets of javascript.
9. Having helped get the Christina Nott site started, it still has my layout and blogroll. One of these days, I'll fix the sidebar so that Christina gets her own stuff instead of a copy of some of mine. And then there's the use of my flickr account which still needs fixing!
10. I've been tempted to look at other blog software, but remind myself that I do this for the content and interaction rather than lots of computer hacking.
11. Is still my favourite number;
12. I started my comment system with the blogger system and then moved them to haloscan. This lets me manage comments and trackbacks in a simple way.
13. I'd originally set myself to run the blog for a year as an experiment and then to stop. I suspect I will continue!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Leanne, Chickadee, Judy, Raehan, Janne, Andrea, cq, amanda, venus, elle, mar, tnchick, kimmy
(leave a comment, I'll add you here!)

Get Thursday Thirteen code here!

Leave your Thursday Thirteen link as a comment and I will link to you!



Tag: ,

No comments: