rashbre central: tracking rudolph's nose

Saturday 24 December 2005

tracking rudolph's nose

norad
Trust NORAD to find a way to track Santa's flightpath. Rudolph's nose gives off an infrared signature, created, I envisage, by the sheer friction of high speed travel. This means satellites can detect Rudolph's bright red nose with practically no problem. With so many years of experience, NORAD has become good at tracking aircraft ot other vehicles entering North America, hence the ability to track the progress of Santa, thanks to Rudolph. The NORAD video trailer is here

The tracking is kindly made available to us all as a web tracking site.

I drove past the outside of Buckingham Palace during the early evening, on my way from Knightsbridge to Essex, and managed to get this small footage on my cameraphone, along with some disruption to my navigation system.

No comments: