rashbre central: bookjam

Friday 14 October 2005

bookjam

books
Have you ever joined one of those book clubs? You know, the ones where you get a few free books to start and then a monthly choice? I have and have also experienced the change from 'this is good' through 'hmm I didn't mean to order THAT' to 'Stop right now!'. When we sign up, we know its a form of inertia selling, but hey, what is so difficult about saying 'No' to a choice every month? In my case, the club varies the frequency and sends extra offers, which I am sure is designed to confuse and disorientate. They also had special rules about free postage, but only if I ordered by POST (how weird is that?) and I couldn't ever talk to anyone on their phone system. Any emailed comments were also only answered by some kind of robot, so the whole experienced was somewhat negative.
open-book
You notice I use Past Tense? And today when I needed a book, I ordered it via a friendly online bookstore.

The club's loss.

Tag: ,

No comments: