rashbre central: Post Secret

Thursday 9 June 2005

Post Secret

Postsecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail-in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard.

envelope

"I saw your site and half the things I read gave me chills. Then I decided I would send you one of mine. I couldn't find a post card just then, but I couldn't get to sleep until I got it off my chest, so I dug out a photo and took some markers to it, and used that instead. I finished it at three in the morning, or three-thirty, because I just couldn't get to sleep until it was done, and put it in the mailbox on my way to the bus stop in the morning after getting up at five. I know it's silly, but I feel much better lately after telling it to somebody, even (and especially) if they were a complete stranger. I'd never thought of doing that before. Thanks for making my life a little easier and myself a little easier to live with.
-New York

I mailed you a secret this past week. It did not show up on the website, but I don't mind because a secret you posted captured my secret better than the one I sent you. I couldn't even be that honest with myself. Though what I wrote was true, what she wrote was truer."
-Virginia

No comments: